Reiki Training is not just for people who want to become healers -- it is a beneficial modality for everyone! Developing your own skillset in a self-healing modality like Reiki is the single most powerful shift you can make on the path of sustainable, natural healing for yourself.
Reiki has many health benefits, including:
- Relief for pain, anxiety, and fatigue
- Improvement for depression
- Enhanced quality of life, including sleep patterns, self-confidence, sense of calm and inner peace, and ability to relax
- Boosted mood
- Improved symptoms and conditions including headache, tension, chronic pain, anxiety, fatigue, nausea, insomnia, neurodegenerative disorders, infertility, and more
After this Level 1 Shoden Reiki Training, you will have the knowledge and experience to be able to:
• complete Self-Treatment,
• Treat loved ones with healing Reiki energy, and
• Bring beneficial Reiki healing energy into pets, plants, and foods.
Level 1 Usui Reiki Certificate is awarded at the completion of the course.
Reiki is a traditional Japanese relaxation technique which allows the physical, mental, and emotional bodies to enter complete rest and relaxation mode of self-healing. Reiki comes from the rich history and tradition of the Tibetan Buddhist lineage, most recently brought into practice by Dr. Mikao Usui, whose methods are taught internationally to a growing number of home and clinical practitioners.
At Indian Yoga Alliance, Level 1 Usui Reiki Training is a 2-day course (see dates below) with receipt of Certificate. This Hands-On healing training is the starting place for the "Reiji-Ho", or the fundamental Reiki methods, of every level Reiki practitioner. This is the beginning step for every one, and for those who will continue to the level of Reiki Master.
"Shoden" is a Japanese word meaning, "beginning teachings".
In Level 1 Shoden Reiki training you will:
• Learn the History, Principles and Method of light-touch Usui Reiki,
• Become Attuned to the first Reiki Symbol of healing,
• Receive knowledge through the direct teaching line of Dr. Mikao Usui,
• Experience hours of Successful Reiki Treatment,
• Receive a Shoden Level Reiki Certificate, and
• Meet others who are a part of your local Energy work Family.
The Course takes place over two days:
Day 1: History, Principles + Attunement
Day 2: Q&A, Learning The Reiki Symbol, and Hands-On Practice
See below for upcoming dates and timetables.
To Schedule a training for a date that works for you (diferent than those listed below) please email Laura Dogra, RMT at firstname.lastname@example.org . We appreciate your schedule and love to accommodate whenever possible.
- Saturday, February 13 from 12:00pm - 4:00pm and Sunday, February 14 from 12:00pm - 3:00pm.
- Saturday, May 22 from 10:00am - 2:00pm and Sunday, May 23 from 10:00pm - 1:00 pm
Attendance for the complete Day 1 and Day 2 sessions is required to receive your certificate.
This training can be attended as daytime sessions, OR attended as a 2-night retreat at Indian Yoga Alliance in Saratoga Springs, NY with on-site accommodation through AirBnB. To add to your training, you may include Ayurvedic meals one or both days, which will support your digestion on all levels, physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual.
Level 1 Reiki Certificate Training: History, Principles + Practice
For any additional questions or clarifications, please send any query to Laura Dogra, RMT at email@example.com